The LDES Council is a global organization, with founding members and a Board made up of executives and business leaders from leading energy companies, technology providers, investors, and end-users. The Council strives to accelerate decarbonization of the energy system by driving innovation, commercialization, and deployment of long duration energy storage.
Launched on November 4, 2021 at COP26, the LDES Council is rapidly growing and has established itself as a catalyst in driving global dialogues on long duration storage by providing fact-based guidance and information drawn from members’ expertise.
The Council is hiring a Programs & Research Manager/Director to manage and lead Council programming and research opportunities. This position reports directly to the Director of Operations and works closely with the Director of Communications, North America.
The Programs & Research Manager/Director is a member-focused position concentrated on growing the adoption of LDES programs. This position will drive Council Working Groups, working with members and Council staff to identify areas of growth and research. This position is focused on identifying and nurturing new members while supporting and growing relationships with current members and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate is an experienced energy professional with the vision, initiative and leadership skills required to promote LDES Council programs in a competitive international market.
This position is remote, but looking for candidates in the European Union, UK, or U.S.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The essential job functions for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Executes on operational elements for a broad range of Council offerings and events, including facilitating Working Group meetings, engagement events, and educational sessions.
- Develops programming for Council programs including conferences, workshops, webinars, peer-to-peer meetings and discussions, and other member-focused events.
- Own the day-to-day operations of Council Working Groups and Accelerate Platform, to include scheduling and running meetings, developing presentations, and conducting follow-up with members.
- Serve as Council subject matter expert on energy storage’s role in grid modernization, electrification, and power system resilience toward decarbonization.
- Build a pipeline of new members and track results against established goals while promoting the mission of the Council.
- Work with the Communications Director to develop tools and resources to communicate the value of the Council, its Working Groups, and related products and services, to a global market.
- Lead engagement with energy policy and financing initiatives around long duration energy storage.
- Develop thorough understanding of energy storage market needs and requirements.
- Work with members to develop research reports as well as quarterly and annual Council reports. To include outline, research gathering, design, and dissemination working with external partners and Communications Director.
Required skills and abilities to effectively perform this position include, but are not limited to:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in energy policy, environmental studies, political science, communications, or related field and a minimum of 5 years progressive experience with 2 years’ experience in a management role.
- At least 3 years of experience in the energy industry. Deep understanding of the energy industry to include generation, electric utilities, electrification, grid modernization, supply and distribution landscape. This includes knowledge of relevant policies, programs, technologies, and initiatives. Familiarity with energy storage, energy management, renewable energy, smart grids, global decarbonization goals, and sustainable development is preferred. Understanding of the global landscape on the above shall be preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with executive-level stakeholders, including Council leadership, members, and relevant third parties.
- Initiative to build own career and success. Willingness to listen, learn, and apply new skills.
- Excellent client-facing communication skills with the ability to present to membership, ranging from technical and engineering staff to executives.
- Strong technical background with project management experience, program management experience is a plus.
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills, with a high-level of self- awareness and emotional intelligence.
- Proven record of building and leading teams that solve complex problems.
- Strong experience with Google Suite, Powerpoint/Google Slides, Excel/Google Sheets, and Word/Google Docs.
Culture & Personality
Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Inspires the trust of others. Keeps commitments. Treats people with respect. Upholds organizational values. Works with integrity and ethics.
Develops innovative approaches and ideas. Displays original thinking and creativity. Generates suggestions for improving work. Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
Communicates changes and progress. Completes projects on time and within budget. Coordinates projects. Develops project plans. Manages project team activities.
Adapts strategy to changing conditions. Analyzes market and competition. Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals. Identifies external threats and opportunities. Understands organization's strengths and weaknesses.
Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts the success of the team above their own interests.
Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
Candidates are ideally based in the United States or Western Europe given the ability to span time zones.
Please submit your current CV (max. 2 pages) and a short letter outlining your motivation and vision for the role to email@example.com using "Recruiting: Director of Operations" as the email subject line.
Working at the LDES Council
The LDES Council offers the following benefits:
Full time, permanent, salaried, benefits-eligible, exempt status
Remote first, collaborative culture
- Healthcare provided by Council for individual, including medical, dental, vision insurance; family insurance available
- 401k contribution with matching contributions
- Flexible paid time off, including your birthday!
- Paid parental leave
- Technology stipend for home office
The LDES Council is an equal opportunity employer.
$100-$150k depending on experience. Bonus opportunities available.